Junior Squash Academy
Plans are underway to run our Junior Squash Academy sessions at different venues across the county. Our focus will be on nurturing the next generation of squash players to make them the best they can be, whilst making the sessions great fun too. Sessions will take place in a relaxed environment so that individuals can fully express themselves on court.
Our fully trained England Squash coaches will deliver structured sessions where juniors will learn about every aspect of the game. As well as ensuring they have a sound understanding of the game, the following will be covered and worked on :
- Warm up routines
- Hand to eye coordination exercises
- Different shots – drive, volley, boast, drop, lob
- Movement, speed and balance
- Grip, swing, technique, racket preparation, footwork
- Decision making – playing the right shot
- Being deceptive when you have choices and time on the ball
- Mindset – to win points, games and matches
We will also employ the use of routines and conditioned games where appropriate. By using different routines and conditioned games, juniors will improve their game quicker because they will be thinking more about where they are putting the ball.
Where could this Junior Squash Academy training lead?
Potentially playing for your country. The talent pathway goes as follows :
- Staffordshire Squash junior academy
- County squad
- Aspire programme
- England potential
- England development
- England academy
- Team England
Any questions regarding the academy? Feel free the contact us.
Futher updates will be posted soon…….