Staffordshire Squash Update
Staffordshire Squash will shortly have funding in place to assist clubs in the county get back on track. Clubs, leisure centres, schools and other facilities with squash courts that are affiliated to England Squash will shortly be able to apply to Staffordshire Squash for funding to run different squash and racketball projects. If your facility is not affiliated to England Squash it is most certainly worth becoming affiliated. The benefits of being affiliated to England Squash include:
- Coaches Club – New coaching webinars
- Squash Perks – exclusive to England Squash members
- £10 million of public liability insurance
- £10 million of professional indemnity insurance
- £10 million of directors and committee liability insurance
- Support from ES Programmes and Partnerships team to give you advice, assist with the promotion of your club and signpost local funding opportunities
- Access to ES digital junior coaching resources Junior 101
- Members eligible to participate in all England Squash competitions and events including County Leagues
- Members eligible for all individual benefits
- Club & County Engagement Days
- Access to ClubConnect monthly newsletter and Facebook group
Of course this is a difficult time. Following the Government’s advice regarding corona virus, leisure centres, squash clubs, gyms and other facilities have been forced to close. England Squash is closely monitoring the UK Government advice around the corona virus situation and have said they will look into how they can support clubs and coaches during this exceptionally difficult time. They are in consultation with the squash community and will provide updates via email and social media.
We can all do our part to help limit the spread of the virus. Following the advice provided in the links below will help us come out the other side sooner.
Guidance for employers and businesses:
If you would like to get involved with Staffordshire Squash we are always looking for additional help and support. Feel free to email us using the contact form on the website. Rest assured once our funding becomes available we will let you know.
Stay safe and at home as much as possible during these unprecedented times.